The IEO is conducting a Strategic Country Cluster Evaluation (SCCE) of Least Developed Countries (LDCs). The purpose of this evaluation is to assess the factors enabling or hindering the sustainability of outcomes, the relevance of GEF support to countries, and their responsiveness to convention guidance. The evaluation will also assess gender, resilience and performance in fragile situations as cross-cutting issues. Starting from aggregate portfolio analysis to identify trends as well as cases of positive, negative, or no environmental change, the LDCs SCCE will deep-dive in those themes and unpack them through purposive evaluative inquiry. In addition to the aggregate portfolio analysis, the LDCs SCCE plans to use geospatial analysis to support field case studies that focus on specific environmental challenges, by providing additional information on selected sites and additional data for triangulation and analysis.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
This consultancy assignment relates to the conduct of the country case study in Mozambique. The overall level of effort is estimated at 15 days, subdivided in: one-two days to familiarize with the documentation and methodology, 13 days mission in country, and two-three days for report writing. This subdivision is indicative and can be adjusted to suit emerging needs during the assignment. A country case study approach, interview guides and other data gathering tools are being developed by the IEO and will be shared and discussed with the selected candidate at the start of the assignment.
The senior consultant will perform the following tasks:
Before the missions:
- Familiarize with the LDC SCCF and its methodology
- Familiarize with the case study methodology and project and program documentation
- Provide feedback on and participate in selecting in-country project stakeholders for interviews, and support the development of the mission agenda, including the visits to specific project sites selected according to the methodology provided by the IEO
During the missions:
- Conduct structured interviews with stakeholders in the capital and at the selected project sites
- Conduct field visits and field observations in the selected project sites, and provide interview notes
- Review and comment on the findings, and contribute to the analysis
- Provide data relevant to the case study
- Report writing
Interested consultants based in Mozambique or Southern Africa are invited to submit expressions of interest (CV and cover letter) to email@example.com with in the subject line “Senior Consultant LDC SCCE – Mozambique”. The total size of all attachments should be less than 5MB.
Please note the deadline for this application is January 27th, 2019.