Juha Uitto, IEO Director, will be participating in session #33 on "Evaluating for climate change adaptation - the critical challenge of the 21st century and beyond" held on Friday, 11 September 2020 at 8:30 AM GMT.
Participants will learn about the challenges of evaluating climate change adaptation efforts, including: lessons related to accounting for escalating climate risks; assessing the adequacy of global resource commitments; understanding national policy environment and incentives, local practices and knowledge, and the interaction between human and natural systems, to name a few. This will assist governments to design effective evaluations of their own climate adaptation policies and programmes.
- Juha Uitto, Director, Independent Evaluation Office, Global Environment Facility
- Suppiramaniam Nanthikesan, Lead Evaluation Officer, Independent Office of Evaluation, International Fund for Agricultural Development
- David Slattery, Evaluation Advisor, Independent Evaluation Office, United Nations Development Programme
- Pepetua Latasi, Director, Department of Climate Change, Tuvalu
- Khan Md. Ferdausur Rahman, Director General, Foreign Aided Project Audit Directorate, Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh
- Oscar A. Garcia, Director, Independent Evaluation Office, United Nations Development Programme
The Asian Evaluation Week (AEW) is a leading evaluation knowledge sharing platform in the Asia and Pacific region, jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Finance, PRC through the Asia-Pacific Finance and Development Institute (AFDI) and the Asian Development Bank’s Independent Evaluation Department (IED). Since 2016, government officials, representatives of international organizations, and evaluation experts have gathered annually at the AEW to exchange knowledge and the latest thinking in evaluation.
Now in its fifth year, AEW has established itself as a highly relevant forum for promoting knowledge and partnerships to advance evaluation and development effectiveness at the national, regional, and international levels.