The Independent Evaluation Office of the Global Environment Facility is requesting Expressions of Interest from individual copy editors to work on copy editing and formatting of the Evaluations reports produced by the office.
- The Global Environment Facility (GEF) is a financial mechanism, set up as a partnership, that provides grant and concessional funding to projects and activities to protect the global environment in developing countries and countries with economies in transition, with guidance from the GEF Council and the Conference of Parties of the global environmental conventions dealing with climate change, biodiversity, international waters, land degradation and persistent organic pollutants.The GEF Secretariat provides support to GEF Council and ensures that Council decisions are implemented.Projects financed by the GEF are implemented by 10 GEF Agencies: UNDP, UNEP, World Bank, UNIDO, FAO, IFAD, IADB, EBRD, AfDB, and ADB.The GEF Evaluation Office (GEF EO) has the central role of ensuring the evaluation function within the GEF, of setting minimum requirements for monitoring and evaluation, of ensuring oversight of the quality of M&E systems on program and project level and of sharing evaluative evidence within the GEF partnership. The GEF IEO is administered by the World Bank so all contracts with the Office are World Bank contracts.
Tasks and Deliverables
You will perform the following tasks:
- Help with the development and editing of material provided by the evaluators and consultants, translating complex ideas into material for a wider audience;
- Coordinate and integrating the revisions and comments of the lead evaluators;
- Make sure that the evaluation reports have clarity, logic, readability, and consistency;
- Correct grammatical errors, misspellings, grammar, usage, and adherence to specified style;
- Carry out research, confirm sources, and verify facts, dates, and statistics
The IEO invites highly motivated and experienced editors and copywriters to apply. The selection criteria include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism or related field.
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role.
- Background and experience in editing evaluations, especially in the environmental, natural resource management is considered an asset.
- Preferred knowledge of and/or direct experience with the GEF and its agencies.
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Willing to work under tight deadlines.
Terms of the contract
All contracts with the IEO are World Bank contracts and follow the relevant rules and regulations of the Bank. The contract offered to the selected candidate is for a maximum of 30 days from September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. Any need for additional days and compensation will be discussed and approved by the IEO prior to the beginning of extra work. The consultancy will take place at the consultant’s own place of work.
Interested consultants are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest in English, to email@example.com with “IEO editors” in the subject. The application should include a CV and a cover letter expressing how their work experience fits the qualifications above. The application deadline is August 7, 2020.