The Independent Evaluation Office of the Global Environment Facility is requesting expressions of interest from individual consultants for the Evaluation of Institutional Policies and Engagement.
The IEO is conducting an evaluation of institutional policies and engagement at the GEF. The objective is to assess the main mechanisms that the GEF uses to engage with stakeholders as described in the Stakeholder Engagement Policy and corresponding guidelines. Additionally, the evaluation will provide updates to recent IEO evaluations that covered topics related to the Stakeholder Engagement Policy: Evaluation of Gender Mainstreaming in the GEF; Evaluation of GEF Engagement with Indigenous Peoples; Review of the GEF Agency Minimum Standards on Environmental and Social Safeguards; and Evaluation of the GEF–Civil Society Organization Network.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This evaluation is being conducted using a mixed methods approach encompassing both quantitative and qualitative methods and tools.
The Short-Term Consultant – Evaluation Analyst will contribute in the following ways:
- Development of a project document database and organizing and maintaining and archive of related project documents
- Review and analyze project documents and other sources of project information using a portfolio review protocol developed by the evaluation team
- Support design and administration of an online stakeholder survey using Survey Monkey (including piloting, outreach, follow up, and summarizing findings)
- Perform any other data entry—and/or analysis—related task that may be deemed necessary
- Produce writeups of preliminary findings and other inputs as requested
The consultant will ideally start in May 2020. Inputs need to be provided by November 2020. The evaluation has a delivery date of December 2020.
The IEO will provide quality assurance, methodological support and technical inputs, as well as an initial portfolio database, project documents and draft review protocols.
The consultant will be provided with a desktop computer and workstation at the IEO office but may also be expected to work from their own laptop (not provided by IEO).
The specific qualifications required are:
- Master level degree, with an educational background and/or work experience in environment, international development and/or evaluation
- Minimum two years’ experience in conducting desk study based and web-based research and reviews
- Excellent skills in Excel and experience in the use of Survey Monkey preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Skilled at preparing reports and other analytical outputs
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the GEF and its Agencies is an added advantage
- Experience with policy analysis and/or familiarity with stakeholder engagement, gender or safeguards is an added advantage
Terms of the contract
All contracts with the IEO are World Bank contracts and follow the relevant rules and regulations of the Bank. The contract offered to the selected candidate is for a maximum of 60 days starting work in May 2020 with final delivery before October 2020. Any need for additional days and compensation will be discussed and approved by the IEO prior to the beginning of extra work. The consultancy will take place both at the GEF IEO office, as well as the STC’s own place of work.
Interested consultants are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest in English, to email@example.com with “Evaluation of Institutional Policies and Engagement – Analyst STC” in the subject. The application should include a CV and a cover letter expressing how their work experience fits the qualifications above. The application deadline is March 31, 2020.