Evaluation of the Effects of the Covid-19 Pandemic on GEF Activities
The GEF IEO has undertaken several studies and reviews to understand the COVID-19 pandemic's effect on GEF's support. This evaluation is a continuation of those efforts and has two parts:
- Part 1 will review GEF's response to the pandemic, identify lessons and assess the extent these lessons have been utilized in policies, processes, and project design by the GEF partnership.
- Part 2 of this study will estimate and assess the changes in GEF supported protected area systems to understand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This review will answer the following questions:
- What are the lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic that are relevant to GEF?
- How have the GEF Agencies mainstreamed the lessons from COVID-19?
- How has the GEF Secretariat mainstreamed lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- To what extent does design of GEF activities approved after the onset of the pandemic address lessons from COVID-19?
The study will be conducted during the period July to October 2022. The findings will be presented to the GEF Council during its December 2022 meeting.