Third International Conference on Evaluating Environment and Development
The GEF Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) together with the Earth-Eval Community of Practice (CoP) organized the Third International Conference on Evaluating Environment and Development in collaboration with IDEAS Global Assembly (GA). The theme of the conference was Evaluating Environment, Climate Change, and Natural Resources Management. The conference gathered the participants in Prague, Czech Republic, for 3 days of intensive discussions.
The IEO participated in following sessions during the 3rd International Conference:
- Transformational Change: Processes and Impacts
- Drivers of Sustainability
- Adaptation: Lessons from Recent Experience
- Evaluation Approaches for Assessing Environmental and Socio-economic Co Benefits
- Blending quantitative with qualitative analysis in understanding change
- Formative and Real-time Evaluation
The conference led to an enhanced understanding of how to do environmental evaluation and an intensive exchange of experiences and lessons between participants, organizations and countries.
On Friday 4 October 2019 the two conferences adopted the Prague Declaration on Evaluation for Transformational Change