GEF-7 4th Replenishment Meeting
The GEF replenishment meetings provide an opportunity for Contributing Participants to review GEF performance and evaluate progress, assess future funding needs, and agree on a financing framework. On April 25, 2018 during the fourth replenishment meeting, close to 30 countries have jointly pledged US$4.1 billion to the GEF to better protect the future of the planet and human well-being (press release). The GEF-7 replenishment will be formally concluded at the upcoming GEF Assembly in June 2018.
- The first official meeting of the 7th Replenishment of the GEF was held in Paris on March 28-30, 2017.
- The second meeting took place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on October 3-5, 2017.
- The third meeting took place in Brasília, Brazil on January 23-25, 2018.
- The fourth meeting took place in Stockholm, Sweden, on April 25, 2018
- The GEF Assembly will take place in Da Nang, Vietnam on June 27-28, 2018.
For replenishment details including meeting documents, click here.