Building on the success of its previous three Conferences, and as part of its 20th anniversary celebrations, the GEF Independent Evaluation Office is gathering distinguished speakers and participants for two days of intensive discussions on the theme of integration between environmental domains, and between environmental and socioeconomic and policy domains, and what this means for evaluation.
The objective of the Conference is to bring together leading practitioners and thinkers on environmental evaluation, as well as young and emerging evaluators, to share concrete experiences with environmental interventions and evaluations, and to inform future evaluation practice.
Expected outcomes from the Conference
- Give participants an enhanced understanding of how to design and conduct influential evaluations at the nexus of environment and development;>
- Produce evaluative evidence of the performance and contributions of integrated approaches towards sustainability transitions; and
- Identify approaches and methodologies to evaluating integration across natural and human systems.
Conference outcomes will be disseminated through webinars and blogs through the Earth-Eval Community of Practice and a book based on the best contributions at the Conference will be published.
- Abstracts submission deadline 1st May 2023 (passed)
- Notification of acceptance 30th July 2023
- Submission of full presentation 15th September 2023
- Conference Dates: March 5 -7, 2024